ALT-2040 Fund Recipients
The recipients of the 2020 Aspire-2040 Learning Transformations (ALT-2040) Fund are listed below. Collaborators and a summary are available from the left menu.
Category 1 – Program Enhancement (up to $25,000):
This year’s recipients are creating new (open) educational resources, enabling self-directed learning and implementing hybrid pedagogies and flexible learning.
- Active Computational Media Composition Toolkit: Supporting Learners and Instructors in Media Art, Performance, and Creative Studies
Aleksandra Dulic, Associate Professor, Creative Studies (Lead Applicant)
- Developing Personalized, Expandable Learning Modules for CS1 Programming
Abdallah Mohamed, Instructor, Computer Science (Lead Applicant)
- On-Demand Student Support with Virtual Labs and Help Desk
Ramon Lawrence, Associate Professor, Computer Science (Lead Applicant)
Category 2 – Program Development & Transformation (up to $100,000):
This year’s recipients are transforming existing programs to implement competencies and experiential learning, creating resources for new programs and developing new interdisciplinary programs.
- Building Intercultural Capacity through World Literature
Alwyn Spies, Senior Instructor, Languages and World Literatures (Lead Applicant)
- Certificate and Minor in Communications and Rhetoric (CORH)
Aisha Ravindran, Senior Instructor, English and Cultural Studies (Lead Applicant)
- Developing an Integrated Flexible Learning Model for Mechatronics & Industry 4.0 Certifications at UBC Okanagan
Ayman Elnaggar, Senior Instructor, School of Engineering (Lead Applicant)
- Re-envisioning Human Kinetics: Empowering Future Health and Exercise Professionals through Competency-Based Curriculum and Enhanced Experiential Learning Opportunities
Tanya Forneris, Senior Instructor, School of Health and Exercise Science (Lead Applicant)